For the time being, this will be our plan for worship services:
8:30am - inside the sanctuary (live-streamed)
11am - outside. You can sit in on camping chair, picnic blanket, or even stay parked in your car right in the field.
Both services will remain the same service order regardless of which one you attend (a blend of new and older hymns and songs).
What does the newest Executive Order, mean for Saints Peter and Paul?
We continue to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing, sanitizing, and mask wearing. At Saints Peter and Paul, you are not mandated to wear a mask. There is allowance for variance in the Michigan mask mandate to remove masks during religious worship.
The current set-up that we have been doing for our worship services will remain as-is.
If you're still not comfortable in any of our current environments, but you'd like to receive communion, please reach out to one of our pastors (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up an appointment.
If you have any concerns or questions, please reach out to Pastor Gehrke (email@example.com; 482-4750).
It cannot be stated enough that Satan will want to cause division in any way that he can. Please, please do not let this issue divide you from your loved ones, from your church, or from anyone. It is sad to watch the division taking place in our world right now over every single issue. We need a different reality, and we believe the Church is the place where true unity in Christ exists. Let's keep our eyes fixed on Jesus!
He is our light. He is our life. He is our salvation.
Alive in Christ!
Read the bullets below to plan accordingly.
8:30am - Inside
- Seating will be limited (around 50% capacity)
- This service will be the same format as we've been doing online (so, it will be a "blended" style service).
- This service will be the one that is live-streamed.
- If you're watching from home, we encourage you to participate "live" with us at 8:30am. But, the service will continue to be available at any time to watch later on Facebook, YouTube, or copperluth.org/livestream.
- We plan on continuing to livestream Sunday services for the foreseeable future.
- There will be hand sanitizer available.
- There will be no bulletins passed out.
- Offering will be placed in a collection box at the entrance to the sanctuary.
- If you want to wear a mask, you are certainly encouraged to do so, but you do not have to.
- We will not do temperature checks or any sort of screening.
- As you've heard many times, if you're feeling ill, please stay home.
- For those of you that come, we trust in your God-given decision-making abilities to best care for yourselves and all.
11:00am (outside in the field)
- The service will be the same format as the 8:30am.
- We will use the same music and order of service as the 8:30am service.
- There will be communion.
- This service will not be live-streamed.
- There will be a bulletin available at this service so people can have the song lyrics and order of worship.
- Offering will be placed in a collection box.
- People will be able to spread out in lawn chairs or blankets on the grass.
- People will be able to sit in their cars if they like in a designated parking area.
- We do not have an FM transmitter at this point, so if people want to stay in their cars, they will have to crack their windows to hear.
- Look for our elders wearing blaze orange to direct traffic!
Thank you for reading through all of this! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me through email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I want you to know that if, after seeing these in-person options, you are still not sure about your comfort coming to church, that is okay. We will still have the livestream available for you. We love you! Don't feel pressured to come if you're not ready.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." (1 Peter 1:3-5)