Starting January 14th-February 11th, I'm going to be preaching a sermon series on the book of Jonah. We're going to read one chapter each week. I'd love if you can help me tell the story with your artistic abilities!
Here's what I'm asking:
- Select a portion (or portions) from the story of Jonah and use your artistic gifts to help us visualize that selected piece of the story.
- Indicate what the Scripture reference is for your piece of art.
- For example, if you want to draw Jonah in the belly of the great fish, you would say Jonah 1:17.
- If you're under the age of 18, please indicate your age on the piece of artwork.
- Include your name with your piece of art.
Here are some questions you might have:
What kind of art you looking for?
- Any kind of visual art - draw, paint, sculpt, woodwork, etc.
Where should I submit my art?
- There will be a box on the "sign up" table in the narthex for collections starting 12/31.
- You can scan or take a picture and email me a copy - firstname.lastname@example.org
When are submissions due?
- I will collect them throughout the sermon series, but I'd like them a week in advance of when I'll be preaching on the topic.
- So - if your art goes with Chapter 1, please have it in by January 7
- If it goes with Chapter 2, January 14
- Chapter 3, January 21
- Chapter 4, January 28
How will this artwork be used?
- In Sermons, Social Media, and at the end, hopefully a Jonah Art Gallery hosted at church!
Let me just tell you, I need some help with this project. Here's my attempt at a drawing...
Alive in Christ!