Saints Peter and Paul is in the process of starting an all-day Early Learning Center on location to open in September 2018. We have a committee that has been working hard on this development process for over a year. Much of the groundwork has been laid. We are now seeking a qualified individual to serve as Director/Lead teacher to come on staff as soon as possible.
If you or someone you know is interested, please read/share this Job Posting. Applications are due by January 19th. Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preschool Director/ Lead Teacher
Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church, Houghton, MI
The Preschool Director/Lead Teacher is responsible for all aspects of the creation and management of an all-day preschool program for children ages 3 years through pre-kindergarten. The school has a planned opening of September 2018. We are looking to hire as soon as possible.
This position includes leadership of marketing and advertisement, state licensing, staff recruitment, child enrollment processes, curriculum development, classroom management, and staff development. Additionally, the Director will also act as lead teacher in the classroom.
- A person with a Christian faith and willingness to support the core values of Christian education.
- A person who sees and embraces the missionary opportunity this position provides.
- Sees the inherent value of a Christian-based early education program.
- A person excited to develop an early educational program and curriculum that introduces and reinforces Christian beliefs.
- An individual with strong oral and written communication and organizational skills in order to effectively communicate with children, families, staff, and congregational liaison.
- Able to work independently on projects with little or no supervision.
- Able to have a healthy working relationship with the Senior Pastor, staff, and volunteers of the church and preschool.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead a team of teachers and other staff in the establishment and operation of a Lutheran preschool, including day-to-day operation and routine special events.
- Establish and support a curriculum that espouses beliefs held by the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod that is fun, educational, and appropriate for a Christian preschool environment.
- Develop and implement a marketing/advertisement plan that creates interest in the preschool and fuels strong enrollment from both the congregational and local community.
- Recruit and train teachers and other staff as needed to staff preschool classrooms and special events.
- Establish enrollment processes that ensure children are enrolled efficiently, acclimated smoothly into their classroom, and monitored to ensure success.
- Function as primary contact person for parents/guardians on enrollment, assimilation, progress, and all other matters pertaining to the preschool.
- Implement classroom management practices that ensure a safe, secure, and orderly preschool environment is maintained at all times.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and develop preschool staff ensuring a “continuous learning” culture is developed and fostered and that classroom management practices are continuously improved.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds.
- Develop an annual budget for the preschool ensuring needs are met and profitability targets are realized.
- Complete all necessary state-required forms and documents and meet with licensing consultants upon request. Communicate with consultants as well as the health department about all aspects of the program.
- Prepare and distribute a Parent Handbook that includes policies on attendance, fees, discipline, admission, program schedule, philosophy and goals, etc.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possesses a passion for teaching children, and has the ability to function as an administrator. Other requirements include the ability to meet the State of Michigan requirements for a Licensed Care Center director, ability to pass a standard background check, and First Aid and CPR certification. A working knowledge of creative programming related to children’s classes and special events is a plus. Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience as a leader in a children’s education capacity.
-Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
-Applications are due January 19th, 2018.